Incepted in the year 1989, Exim Expertize Pvt. Ltd. is a time-honored organization excelling in Import Export Licensing Services
like Approvals Debonding, EOU Approvals Debonding
and SEZ Approvals Debonding
. We are moving at par with excellence providing the best professional services in terms of consultancy in export - import regulatory based services
Based at Ahmedabad (Gujarat), we efficiently carter to our domestic clients and meet their queries rendering effective solutions with appropriate consultancy for import and export. Our specialized area is Foreign Trade Policy and Procedures
and we take necessary steps to obtain Importer Exporter code number, amendments, changes
etc. to licensing. Commitment, dedication, devotion and involvement are the key factors behind our success over the years. In order to serve our clients better we offer the following:
- Information on changes and amendments are periodically and instantly offered based on the seriousness of the matters.
- Rapid communication to reach out a quick solution.
Since the very inception, we have been performing excellently in this realm. The able guidance of our mentor Mr. Babu Ezhumavil
has significantly helped us in the long run. Owing to his tremendous efforts, we have been able to win the appreciation of our clients nationwide. Besides we nurture the Motto is to see our clients successful and hence analysis, in-depth study and inclination to research help to draft a road map and to achieve the goal.Exim Bits
is a monthly magazine
for the exim trade of Western India which aims at providing the trade members with a clear view points on various aspects like Foreign trade policy, Excise and Customs matters, Tribunal matters, FEMA / RBI matters alongwith the other exim polices. Send in your suggestions and comments at email@example.com
Ownership & Capital
|Year of Establishment||1989|
|Ownership Type||Sole Proprietorship (Individual)|
Trade & Market
|Annual Turnover||Rs. 50 - 100 Crore ( or US$ 10 Mn - 20 Mn Approx.)|
Team & Staff
|Total Number of Employees||51 to 100 People|
In a span of 20 years, we have gained recognition in the industry by leaps and bounds under the able guidance of our mentor Mr. Babu Ezhumavil. His ethical business practices helps in maintaining long term relation with our esteemed clients.
Following are some of the details that reveal his success story:
- Wide industrial experience of 12 years
- Was associated with Govt. recognized Export Houses in Baroda
- With an ambition to start his own consultancy firm in export-import regulatory aspects he resigned from the services as an executive
- Within two years, he started getting positive response from corporate, small industries and beginners
- The 27 years experience in a single field help him to understand different problems and its base very quickly
- He was also the Ahmedabad Chapter President of Exim Club - an association that focused exports & imports only, registered in Baroda with chapters in other cities of Gujarat, for quite long time
- His teaching skills and knowledge led him to be selected by some institutes as faculty
- He conducted training class in Ahmedabad for office-goers, students etc., which was responded well by the trade and market.
- He is an Editorial Advisor and also a regular contributor to Impex Interim, a weekly published for targeted subscribers, in Exim matters
- Many corporate and companies spread over main cities of Gujarat, Goa and Maharashtra have retained him as their regular advisor-cum-consultant
- By his assistance and timely advise, these companies enjoy great relief and able to concentrate in their business matters and possible expansions
- They take his advise in their day-to-day affairs in exports, imports, customs, excise, fera-fema etc
- He undertakes occasionally time bound special tasks too.
We are a professionally managed organization and always strive to maintaining good relations with our clients. Since the very inception we have been satisfying our esteemed clients offering unmatched services that encompasses- Advance License and its Norms Fixation, Duty Entitlement Passbook (DEPB) and rates fixation, Duty Free replenishment certificate (DFRC), Export Promotion Capital Goods License (EPCG). We also offer consultancy services in Export-House Status Application, Approvals Debonding, EOU Approvals Debonding, SEZ Approvals Debonding, Project import certificate, Duty Drawback – All Industry Rate – Brand Rate Fixation, Appeals * Refunds, Rebates * Cenvat and ECB's.
The services offered by us includes the following attributes:
- Effective counseling by the qualified and experienced advocates
- Prompt and dedicated services catering to the demands of our clients
- Export - Import regulatory based services and consultancy by expert professionals
Besides, we also offer licensing and consultancy services for Foreign Investments Approvals, Overseas Offices – Subsidiaries, SIA Memorandum, Industrial Licenses and C.O.B. Licenses
Our expertise lies in offering excellent professional services to our clients all across the country. Our import export licensing & consultancy aided with prompt service has helped us in achieving the trust and reliance of our clients nationwide. Leveraging on our years of experience and backed by team of expert professionals, legal advisors, financial consultants and chartered accountants, we have been able to offer credible services since the very inception.
We specialize in:
- Post licensing work
- Foreign trade policy
- Importer Exporter code number
- Amendments and Changes
- Export Promotion Capital Goods (EPCG) Licenses (issue, amendments, changes, additions, deletions, refixation, alternate products, group company, closure)
- Advance Licenses under norms
- Duty Free Replenishment Certificates (DFRCs)
- Duty Entitlement Pass Book Scheme (DEPB)
- Duty Credit certificates under Vishesh Krishi Upaj Yojana
- Duty Free Entitlement Certificates presently changed to Target Plus Schemes for Status holders are other matters
- Appeals, show cause notices etc under Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act, Customs Act, Central Excise Act, FERA-FEMA and other allied acts and rules
- Refund and rebate applications of duties and taxes from various authorities
- EOUs, SEZ units in maintaining their day-to-day registers, periodical reporting, annual reporting, renewal of licenses
- Complete project from preparation of application till six months after commercial production
IEC NUMBER-EXIM BITS DECEMBER 2010
FTP - Import Exporter Code Number:
Any one who intends to enter into foreign trade business with commercial aim is required to obtain an Importer Exporter Code Number. Ministry of Commerce who interfaces with the public through their designated office under Director General of Foreign Trade has made it very transparent. Being this is the first and primary requirement, the application is to be made with photograph of the signatory attested by the bank who issues the bank certificate confirming the account particulars. Copy of Permanent Account Number issued by Income Tax Authorities is the other main document.
Number once issued become permanent but to get modified whenever there is a change like address, directors/partners etc., within 90 days from the date of change, otherwise to pay fine of Rs.1000/- and get the change regularized.
These are known to every person.
In fact this is not a code number, but an identification number only. How does a number become code or identification? It is a code because it contains information about the holder of this number. Otherwise you give a number and identify the company. Here entire number is supposed to be coded. Even this can further be coded as a Debit/Credit card which is swiped at the point of transaction and getting the confirmation. The guarded part is the coded area, which is known to a machine only, by which it automatically decoded when it is swiped.
In the IEC number too, there is a facility. Whenever a shipping bill or bill of entry is prepared on a particular office, the system will reject if that address is not available in the code number. A company which is having different offices at different places can get these offices included in the IEC number to facilitate import/export by a particular branch/unit/factory office. The same code number is used for making foreign exchange transactions. Thus it solves two purposes.
As the EDI is being installed at every level, the data can also be retrieved by respective authorities for different purposes. Therefore, at any given point of time an investigation team can find out any kind of transactions since all transactions are linked to the importer exporter code number.
Basically, this is a PAN based code number and therefore the system will reject if the same PAN holder makes another application. Earlier this was possible, now is not permitted. As an example, a proprietor takes any number of IEC number under different names and it created difficulty in identifying the importer/exporter. To overcome the difficulty, department introduced a new code number within the IEC number details which were (are) not quoted while issuing the main IEC certificate. It reflects only in the website, which is called as Business Identification Number – BIN. As the system has changed into one PAN one IEC, BIN has lost its prominence.
Now the IEC number bears the photo of the signatory who declares in the application that he is authorized to sign the application. Earlier it was required to be signed by karta/proprietor/partner/director only. This change shows that any person who is given authority/power of attorney can make an application for IEC Number. Once it was noticed that place of application was quoted local, but it was signed by Director who resides abroad. Now the matter to be discussed whether a person who resides abroad can sign the application for IEC number by mentioning the place “abroad” and submit the application.
We are moving with excellence with the dedicated efforts of our team of efficient and qualified personnel. They are well versed in their respective fields and have profound knowledge and experience in this realm. They effectively handle complex documentations of export and import licensing.
Our team comprises:
- Financial Consultants
- Legal Advisors
- Export - import regulatory experts
They always strive their best in offering financial as well as technical services to our clients in a trustworthy manner. In fact, the dedicated efforts of our professionals are the sole factor behind our services that are deemed as the best and the most dependable.
We have successfully gained the trust and confidence of our clients nationwide owing to the following significant factors:
- Unmatched quality services
- Pool of qualified, experienced, and dedicated professionals
- Reliable and prompt service to clients
- Ethical business policies
- Total customer satisfaction